These are a list of some of the sermons. I am sorry about the delay, but summer is here and we are all busy. I have and will try to get the other ones up soon. Love in Christ!
Sermon-2015-4-12: He Has Told Us n Advance
- Title: He Has Told Us n Advance
- Text: Mark 13:14-23
- Notes: Men make predictions everyday, some large and some small, and try to live their lives accordingly. Some predictions come about and some do not, but man does not have the power or wisdom to order events so that his predictions about the future will certainly be fulfilled. God alone is the one who brings about His plan according to His purposes. As His children our faith grows as we watch His plan work its way out in history.
Sermon-2015-4-19: Jesus Will Return
- Title: Jesus Will Return!
- Text: Mark 13:24-37
- Notes: Jesus gives instruction to His disciples about His return, gives them the lesson they are to learn from it, and then exhorts them how to live in the truth of His word. The return of our Lord is the greatest event we anticipate and look forward to whether or not it happens in our lifetime. Even as we consider His sacrifice on the cross and the power of His resurrection, His return is a promise and hope we live in day by day.
Sermon-2015-4-26: Stay Alert!
- Title: Stay Alert!
- Text: Mark 13:24-37
- Notes: The culmination of the prophecy and teaching Jesus unfolds for His disciples is the command to “Stay alert.” He does not tell us how to remain alert or how to stay awake—in a real sense the rest of the NT gives us detailed instructions on this—but He does make clear the importance of staying alert and watchful. Are we awake?
Sermon-2015-5-3: A Picture of Worship
- Title: A Picture of Worship
- Text: Mark 14:1-11
- Notes: The chief priests and the scribes finalize their plans to kill Jesus, giving proof of their irreverence for God and the false worship they were leading the people in. In sharp contrast is the unknown woman who comes in adoration and worship and anoints Jesus body for His coming burial. This blatant and costly act of worship is too much for Judas, and he joins the other side to kill Jesus. True worship is costly for us because it means giving up all that we hold so dear.
Sermon-2015-5-10: The Plan of God verses the schemes of men
- Title: The Plan of God verses the schemes of men
- Text: Mark 14:10-16
- Notes: Because we so well know the events surrounding Jesus death, it is easy to miss the shock of Judas betrayal. It appears everything is unraveling for Jesus as the chief priests and scribes scheme and Judas enters into their plot. Yet amidst all the machinations of men, the plan and purpose of God moves forward. It continues on as it ever has “Just as He had told them.”
Sermon-2015-5-17: The Last Passover the First Supper
- Title: The Last Passover, the First Supper
- Text: Mark 14:17-26
- Notes: Instruction on what the Passover was and how the Jews celebrated it will help us fit this Last Passover into context. It will lead us to understand how this last Passover celebration transitions into the first Supper, or communion, centered on remembering Jesus, the final sacrifice for sin.
Sermon-2015-5-24: The Good Shepherd
- Title: The Good Shepherd
- Text: Mark 14:27-31
- Notes: Jesus predicts the scattering of the flock and promises a future meeting in Galilee after His resurrection. The disciples, Peter in particular, protest His prediction and miss His promise. They are certain of their own loyalty, positive of the own fidelity, and Peter promises it even to the point of death. How well Jesus knows the sheep of His flock and how little the sheep know themselves! Yet Jesus remains true through it and holds steadfast to His course and His sheep.